“Gratitude for the abundance you have received is the best insurance that the abundance will continue.”
— Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.
Can money buy happiness? For some, they might say yes. But that might not be the root-cause why they are happy. Money just a mean of someone’s happiness. But what makes people happy? One of it is Gratitude.
First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to you for reading this post.
In this post, I am going to share with you 3 things:
- 4 Tips on practising your gratitude. Simple way to remind you to be grateful.
- An Experiment of Gratitude by Pancake. How you can increase your happiness with Gratitude.
- When things get tough, how to express gratitude?
4 Tips on Practising your Gratitude
Fauzia Burke in her post shared her 4 tips on how to be grateful:
- Keep a journal and write what you are grateful for every day. This to me will force you to find out what are the good things that you have and what are good things that has happened. It automatically shift your focus from looking into your life and create positivity within you.
- Create a Gratitude Bulletin Board. Post on whatever you are grateful for and showcase it to people. While some people keep a manifestation board (things that have not yet happen), she puts on things that already happen. Because as quote above, that is the best insurance that the abundance will continue.
- Practice Gratitude with Your Family. Sharing is caring. Fauzia recommend during meal time to share with family members on ups-and-downs of the day. Facing challenges also something that we can be grateful of because when we successfully faced the challenges, we are learning new things, we are actually growing. (Watch the video of Oprah at the end of the post).
- Have Some Gratitude Reminder. Put some anchor on something happens to remind you to express gratitude; most of the time, the first thing we wake up in the morning. But you also can include normal activity such as when you close your door everyday to work to express your gratitude.
An Experiment of Gratitude by Soulpancake
There is a science of expressing gratitude that can help you to increase your happiness. According to an experiment done by Soulpancake, expressing gratitude can further enhance your happiness. In this interesting experiment, they have proven that expressing gratitude can enhance your happiness level.
Watch the video of The Science of Happiness – An Experiment in Gratitude.
“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
When things get though, how to express gratitude?
In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, Panache Desai was asked, “How Do I Find Gratitude in Tough Times. Watch the following video.
One keyword – reframing. Reframe what it is in our mind. Look it in a positive angle. So many times it happens in my life and I found out that every cloud has a silver lining. Believe that things happen is good for us. At least 5 years from now, you will see that shits happens for a reason. It makes you grow and shift for the better. Only if you take it positively.
How can you start to express gratitude today? Leave us a comment.